Having put in 100+ hours and still on chapter 17 of 20 and getting tired. I released something was wrong. I noticed spent the majority of the times running about doing procedurally generated side quests and trying to "Scan (and digivolve) 'em All!". I was barely pushing the main plot forward, guess the natural procrastinator in me was showing itself.
I said to myself enough is enough and I picked a battle team and I'm going full speed ahead to just finish the game!
- Only grind as much as you need to beat the next boss.
- Leave maxing stats, unlocking every special skill, weapon etc to endgame, new game plus and post game.
- Avoid unimportant fetch quests unless you're dying for that small cash reward.
- That extra costume, event, gimmick weapon/skill/guest character aren't always worth time.
- Balance side questing with story progression.